Monday, February 8, 2010

a year of love

This Thursday is the Anniversary that I will have been at my job for a whole year… a year has gone by. I remember starting here and being scared and not sure if I was walking out what God had for me.

It is a year later and I know so much more about physicians, about bills with companies, how much it really takes to move a company from a building even down the street. Also working with 8- 10 guys for and 4 girls. It’s been a struggle at times. Learning how to handle each person, learning what erks them. I’ve also have seen my bosses give their heart and soul for this company and seen people treat their job like nothing and coming hung over or still drunk. So yes this has been an experience.

“I am a light. I am a light” that’s something I say pretty much every day. Lord really how can I be a light? You see I was pretty much them 4 years ago. I party like hell and didn’t care. Not all of them mind you do this but there is something I can see in them that I had. Lost, not sure on direction. Drinking & Smoking myself into a hole where there was no light.

So it was very hard to be here in the beginning of this job wondering if I would fall to my old ways do what I used to do. It took a while for me to realize that I am not that person and now I’m as different as night and day. I thank God everyday for the light that always over comes dark.

Being here I have grown to love each person as anyone else. I don’t judge them for one that’s something I still feel with people. Even in the church certain remarks about my past and realizing you’re the type of person that people I work with hate. “Hypocrites” “Their trying to show me how holy they are” as someone once told me.

I know not all are people are like it but sometimes it’s hard for me to grasp why can’t you just love them. Be a light to them. Love them like Jesus loved. I know my love for people didn’t come over night. It really did take almost 2 years. I love loving people. Most of the time I think of my brothers and sister and want someone to just love them. Showing them that I love them for who they are and honestly there’s nothing probably that would shock me or that I haven’t done.

So I may not be perfect but man I can love like no other. If that’s why I am here if that’s what this year did for someone here and all they got was that I loved them. Then that’s good enuff. Well at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. great stuff tortilla! You are a faithful servant that God is going to flow much much much through! love you!

    ReplyDelete