Friday, March 5, 2010

Yearly Tradition.. Hate to love

... Skky Ranch(yes i know its spelled with jst one k) I can't really think how many times I've gone but its well over 10 times. I used to hate going when I was in high school. I was doing my own thing and never connected with anyone but my sister. It just wasnt my thing I had more "important things" as a high schooler I guess everything is more important than God. But I have had some great and bad times there. I even have some funny stories to tell about skky ranch one you'll just have to ask me its probly my dumbest "moment of my life". The other well I think it was in 08 of course usally its cold at sky ranch and as always we had a bon fire. S'mores it was! I'm just kickin like I always do and got my marshmallow on the bent wire hanger. As its done i twist my hanger back causing the mallow to get thrown back in my face on my right cheek. I didnt think it was bad but I'm pretty sure it was 3rd degree burn that hurt for almost 2 weeks and it didnt scar! PTL!

But like I said its been a difficult time to want to be there. Now as being apart of 1829 I've grown to love it more and more. I really don't think I've been this excited about sky ranch. Usally it just a time to play football, take naps, ride horses and hang with friends. Which is all fun but this time it feels different its something i've hated and grown to love. It's a time to just go for it. A weekend of letting loose, giving it all to God that has never let me down. a GOd that continues to love me even though I mess up time and time again.

So none the less I am excited about it over all and though some things are small doesnt mean there not going to be life changing. I'm really hoping to get closer with some girls and one that I met on wednesday night as she is made it very clear her mother is making her :) oh mothers what would we do with out you!



I wanna just leave you with this. I read an email my mom foward me and at the end it said this.

"We are living in days of such destiny. Don't ever belittle why you are alive in this day. You were born to burn, born to shine and this is your time. The decisions we make today determine the future."

until next time.
be praying for life change this wknd at skky ranch.
shark sugar out.

No comments:

Post a Comment