Monday, January 18, 2010

The one with lots of Friends.

Am I a good friend? What makes a good friend? talking? Love? Questions? Mistakes? Spenging time with them?

I spent the better part of my weekend with a lot of best friends, new friends and good friends. So my mind was in friend mood. I recently had a friend tell me in the nicest way but still because I didn’t ask certain questions about her life (or a certain part of it) I was missing out on something in her life. Which immediately I thought “she thinks I’m a bad friend” she didn’t say that but I felt that she might as well have.

It got me thinking about certain friends I have from junior high, high school, thru other friends, church friends and others. Have I ever thought of asking them what I could do to be a better friend? Or what do they need of me? What can I bring to the table? I have hurt some friends because of my past and by the grace of the Lord we push through things and have come to value are friendship more and more each day. So she is someone definitely that we have to communicate a lot more for it to work. But do I do the same with others? So I called one of my best friends and straight up ask her. She talked me through some stuff and said that she knows that I’m not really the sensitive type and understands that (pretty much I’m not the nicest person in the world which I know) but that she doesn’t think less of me as a friend because of it. Now I know she loves me for who I am and never judges me and always wil love me even if I mess up... I mean really what else can a girl ask for but that!

I mean I personaly would rather have the 10 good/great friends that I have than 500 friends. They test me keep me true to who I am, make me a better person, push me even make me wanna be nicer :)
I don't want my relationships to be one sided where they take all the time or even I take all the time. I have experience those ones where they take and take and it got real old real quick.
So this year I just hope that with commucation I will do whatever I can to be a better friend.

shout out to all you girls who make me a better person and push me to do what I was created for. You all are amazing and I don't take any of you for granted! never!

It's been real but time for me to go and enjoy the show so I hope you enjoyed my flow because one day its going to explode..... shark sugar out.

1 comment:

  1. nice... i like this. I've done the same thing with alot of my friends over the years. Some people don't like the question cause they would never be that vulnerable and honest in asking or telling me. They think the truth will break our friendship, when i think, the truth will hurt, but draw us closer if we walk through it in love! the older I get the more I realize that life is about walking with each other through crap, keeping your arms open, being wise to who you allow to be close to you and most of all Forgiving quickly (doesn't mean you overlook things and don't address things, but you forgive)

    This someone in your life... well my guess is she doesn't know you as well as you thought she did-she has taken your 'not asking' as you dont' care, but you're one of the most faithful people I know. I have never thought of you as 'not nice'... i think of you as someone who i know i can depend on and count on, when there's no one else. :) I like you. can we be friends :)

    ReplyDelete